This data processing is carried out with your consent, for which we indicate below the cookies we use and their purpose.
What are cookies?
Cookies can be classified according to three criteria: entity that manage the cookies, the duration and the purpose. According to these three criteria, cookies can be used:
- According to the entity who manage the cookies:
First Party cookies: cookies managed by the own website manager (IMDEA Institutes) and who provide the service required by the user.
Third Party cookies: cookies managed by a third party different from the website owner, for example Google.
- According to the cookie expiration time:
Session cookies: remain in your browser during your browser session only, ie until you leave the website.
Persistent cookies: remain in your browser after the session (unless deleted by you). The entity responsible for the cookie can access the stored data and can process it during a defined period, which is different for each cookie.
- According to its purpose: (i) Technical or Operational (necessary); (ii) Preference or Customization; (iii) Analytical or Performance; and (iv) Behavioral advertising.
Technical cookies (also called ‘strictly necessary’ cookies): A cookie that allows the user to navigate on a web page and use different options or services.
Preference or Customization: these are cookies that allow you pre-defined access to our website depending on a number of criteria characteristics, such as language, view formats and so on and so forth.
Analysis or Performance Cookies: A cookie that allows the responsible party, the monitoring, and analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked.
Behavioral Advertising Cookies: these cookies collect behavioral information from our website browsers through a continued observation of their navigation habits, and that allow the developing of a specific profile for show advertising.
This website uses the cookies indicated in the following table. Almost all of them are Google Analytics cookies, and can be managed by accessing the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Analytical or Performance
- _gid: Google Analytics cookies that serve to collect information on how visitors use the website. All information is collected anonymously. Runtime: 24 hours.
- _ga: Google Analytics cookies that serve to collect information on how visitors use the website. All information is collected anonymously. Runtime: 2 years.
- __unam: Google Analytics cookies used to be able to share in social networks the content of the web. All information is collected anonymously. Runtime: 10 months.
- YSC: Google – Youtube cookies used to measure the user’s video playback and record “Like” or “Share Video” actions. Runtime: session.
- _gat_gtag_UA: Google Analytics cookie that stores a unique users ID. Runtime 1 minute.
Preference or Customization
- qtrans_front_language: Google cookie. Remember the user’s language selection, so that it shows the website in the chosen language. Runtime: 1 year.
Technical or Operational (necessary)
- wordpress_test_cookie: Own cookie, session cookie, whose purpose is to keep the information of registered users and to know if they allow cookies.
All information is collected anonymously and may include data such as the browser being used or the number of pages viewed. This information helps to improve the website and your experience when visiting us.
Types of Cookies Used by Google
What are the data used for?
The information obtained through the use of these cookies is used to improve our website and collect statistics on its use.
How to manage cookies?
Except for cookies defined as necessary, you may exercise your right to deactivate or delete cookies installed on your device by setting your browser options.
The IMDEA Institutes use Google Analytics cookies. You can change your settings with the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
In the following links you will find more information about the configuration of the cookies installed in some of the most used browsers.
- Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/safari/privacy-preferences-sfri35610/mac
Who else has access to the information?
Any information that may be collected is not passed on to third parties, without prejudice to the services provided by Google as indicated.
How long will the data be kept?
This information is kept as long as you do not withdraw your consent for its use, which you can do at any time by configuring your browser.